Saturday, July 12, 2008

just like everyone...

So, this is now my blog for trips. Not that I take a lot, however, I'm on my second week of a six week stay in Quebec. I know late, however, isn't it better late than never?

Here's what I've seen so far:

1.) Montréal - China Town, Oratoury de Saint Joseph, open market, parts of the Jazz Festival, and these beautiful streets that call out your name and beg you to stay and search every corner and get to know all the people that wander over their surfaces.
2.) D'arbre en Arbre - All the way to 130 feet in the air, with only a couple of ropes attached to your waist holding you up, you make your way through four levels of difficulty, with places to stop between each, you make your way between trees, work your body, and watch the ground swim before your eyes. You do everything from walking on ropes, to walking on logs, to walking from handle bar to handle bar. The adrenaline is...amazing.
3.) Juste pour Rire - Which takes up about five or six blocks of Montréal and is PACKED. Montréal is amazing to begin with, yes. But cut out the traffic in an area and you have people, and smells, hot dog vendors who sell their stuff for 3,50$ a piece, little stores by bars, sushi shops over top of hookah bars, with Starbucks and McDonalds right around the corner from it all. What I saw were these street gymnasts who made non racist comments, kept me up on the sushi's step and captured my camera. There were others, people painted in gold and standing like statues, people dressed like deer, walking on stilt, people in white with a ghost held in their hands.
4.) La Ronde - An amusement park packed with people from top to bottom and all sides. The lines are ridiculous if you don't have a Flash Pass card, however, I would rather wait in line because I don't think it's fair. That's just me. However, the rides that I did manage (all of two, plus the carasoul) were worth the wait. The food is also expensive, which is why I only bought two Freezies and frozen lemonade which was made of heaven. During the summer they have a firework competition between a whole bunch of countries, there's two different countries who go once a week. Tonight we watched Portugal's fireworks set to music. Breathtaking and amazing and just perfect. Hopefully we'll go and see more next week. :)

And those are the major things that I've seen so far. Next time: either the Biodome or the Olympic Stadium.

1 comment:

JonnyB said...

La Ronde!! Super good. I went on plenty of rides there. When we were in Quebec they had coupons on 2 litre coke bottles. Surprisingly, they had two different coupons per bottle (one french and a separate english coupon). We used both of the coupons and got in at quite a discounted price.

We also went to Valcartier. That was super cool. Nice way to cool off on a hot day.

GO QUEBEC!!